Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sports Car Modeling

This sports car model I made when I was at the beginning of my modeling career. I have made many mistakes in the modeling process. Some have corrected and some not. Finally, this model is significantly different from the sports car that was used as a prominent example.

The first thing, I did a search on the Internet for blueprints. When I found the blueprints for the side view, front view, top and back views, and I put them in my program for 3d modeling (3ds Max, etc..). Each blueprint I put in a special plane and they served as a reference for my model. Previously, if the blueprints cars do not have equal corresponding dimensions need to be edited in one of the photo editing programs (Photoshop, etc.).. Thus, the length of the car on each blueprint must be the same, width and height too.

Modeling sports car, start

Modeling of a sports car, side view, start


When the reference blueprints are set, I began the process of modeling in the way that I first drew a small plain, convert it to an editable poly, so I copied edges and periodically adjusted vertex  according to the blueprints.
Beginning of a sports car modeling with reference images

Sports car modeling

First I modeled the right side of sports car. When it was fully modeled I just used the Mirror command (Copy) and weld vertex.
Red sports car 3D model


1 comment:

  1. Hello, there...! I need a BMW 3 series 2010 coupe model, but dimensionally accurate in all views (side, top, front and rear) to design a car in 3D with the Autodesk Fusion 360.
    Could you please help me finding a set of blueprint images of that?
    I will be waiting your feedback.
    Thank you for the attention given
    Best regards:
    João Carvalho.

    You only sent me collection cars models and you don't even have the BMW brand on your list...!

    There is something wrong, actually.

    My best regards:

    João Carvalho.

    ReplyDelete